Career Services is pleased to connect Illinois State students and alumni with employers at its annual spring career fairs. Recruiters from all industries, including Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, and others will be attending to recruit Illinois State talent for their open positions.
The 2022 spring career fairs include:
- Spring Internship Fair, Thursday, February 3, Bone Student Center–connects employers from all industries with candidates seeking internship positions.
- Virtual Accounting Career Fair, Friday, February 11, Zoom–connects employers with candidates seeking internships or full-time positions in accounting.
- Spring Career Fair, Friday, February 18, Bone Student Center–connects employers from all industries seeking candidates for full-time positions.
- Education Career Fair, Thursday, March 3, Bone Student Center–connects school administrators, superintendents, and other employers from the field of education seeking candidates in education and related fields for open positions.
Just before the fairs
To help Redbirds prepare, Career Services is hosting InstaCareer, a career preparation session in which participants rotate through various stations to learn first-hand from recruiters how to introduce themselves well to employers, how to make a good first impression, how to dress appropriately, and how to best research and follow-up with employers after career events.
Two sessions will take place in the spring. Sessions will have different presenters but will cover the same information to all attendees.
Fair preparation resources
In addition to the fair preparation events, Career Services also provides a number of other resources to help students and alumni prepare for connecting with employers.
- Career Resource Guide–Located in Hire-A-Redbird this booklet is filled with helpful tips and advice such as how to construct an effective resume/CV and cover letter, commonly asked interview questions, and more.
- Drop-in hours and Late-night Resume Reviews – available for quick feedback or helpful tips from trained Career Services representatives.
- Resume paper and printing, and business cards are also available for free to current Illinois State students.
- Check out the list of employers attending the event on the fair webpage and select those you most want to meet. Be sure to visit their website to learn more about them and their open positions.
- Join Career Services on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn for fair updates and other helpful tips.
For more information or to request special accommodations, contact Career Services.