The spring 2022 International Seminar Series, ISU International Engagement, will be presented via Zoom webinars on Wednesdays from noon–1 p.m. Central Standard Time starting January 26, 2022. The events are free and open to the public with advance registration.
The series will highlight the many ways in which the Illinois State community is globally connected, whether through institutional partnerships, incoming international students and scholars, faculty and staff participating in education abroad, and more. On January 26, Illinois State Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost Dr. Aondover Tarhule will kick off the series with an overview of ISU Internationalization.
Tarhule, who began his role at ISU in summer 2020, has been actively involved in shaping the future direction of ISU’s internationalization. He recently announced that he would be combining “…all international programs under one entity and renamed the Office of International Engagement (OIE). The new name will take effect on July 1, 2022. The OIE will absorb all the staff, resources, and programs of the Office of International Studies and Programs and International Pathways units. A national search for an executive director for the OIE is ongoing.”
Throughout the semester, the seminar will highlight many aspects of internationalization at ISU:
- January 26: Internationalization overview
- February 2: Developing international partnerships
- February 9: Internationalizing ISU curriculum
- February 16: No seminar (ISU Founding Celebration)
- February 23: Study abroad student perspective
- March 2: Faculty-led study abroad
- March 9: No seminar (spring break)
- March 16: Current state of International Admissions and recruitment
- March 23: International student experience
- March 30: Focus on Fulbright
- April 6: Management Development International
- April 13: International institutional collaborations
- April 20: Future of ISU international engagement
On April 20, the series finale provides the option to attend in person at the Bone Student Center or online via the simultaneous live webinar stream. All events will feature experts and allow time for audience questions and answers.
Anyone with questions or requiring an accommodation to participate fully should contact InternationalSeminar@ilstu.edu or 309-438-1651.