Time for employees to review W-4 forms
It is time for employees to review their current Form W-4 (Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate) status for preferred changes in filing status and/or number of allowances needed for tax year 2020.
- To review your current withholdings:
– Login to https://my.illinoisstate.edu/pay-benefits
– Select My Paychecks
– Review the Tax Data section in the upper right corner of your paycheck
- To change your withholdings:
– Ensure you are on the Illinois State University network. You will need to use VPN if you are off campus─call the IT Help Desk at 309-438-4357 if you require assistance setting up your VPN
– Select the following link: W-4 Tax Information
– Login using your ULID and Password
– Complete the W-4 Tax Data section
– Complete the claim exemption (if applicable)
– Select Submit
Did you claim tax exempt status in 2019?
All employees who claimed total exemption from income tax withholding in 2019 must submit a new 2020 Form W-4 by February 18, 2020, to continue to claim exemption from withholding in the new year. After that date, Illinois State must begin withholding income tax if the 2020 Form W-4 is not submitted.
W-4 requirements for Non-US Citizen Employees
Non-U.S. Citizen Employees must not fill out a new W-4 or make changes to an existing W-4 without guidance from a tax specialist in the University Payroll Office. If applicable, treaty benefits need to be renewed each calendar year. Please contact the University Tax Specialist by call (309) 438-3106 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.