Career assistance available for graduating Redbirds and alumni
Generation Z has been described as having the most savvy technical skills and as the most resilient generation than any other in existence today. Although those skills are essential to being successful, the job search itself isn’t any easier for Gen Z graduates or alumni. Career Services provides the following support to assist Redbirds in their job search and careers.
- Update your Hire-A-Redbird profile. This interactive job vacancy system allows students and alumni to research, identify, and apply for job and internship openings. One can also publish documents such as résumés and cover letters. Be sure to update your profile with your graduation date, contact information, email preferences, and degree/major information. Those who don’t have their profile up-to-date may miss out on being contacted by employers or on information being sent from Career Services about interviews, career fairs, and more.
- Let us know where you are going. If you are graduating, complete the Project Nest survey (it only takes a few minutes to complete). When you participate, you’ll be entered to win a $50 voucher for Barnes and Noble at Illinois State University.
- Save the date for upcoming career fairs. As an Illinois State alum, you are welcome to attend Career Services career fairs to identify positions, to network with professionals in your field, or just to explore career options.
- Outline a career plan with your career advisor. Let our career advisors help you develop a concrete career plan, review your résumé to help make it stand out to employers, and prepare for an interview before you start applying for jobs. Virtual career advising assistance is available.
- Take advantage of Career Services’ online tools. These include Hire-A-Redbird, InterviewStream, and FOCUS.
- Stay in touch with Career Services. Bookmark the Career Services website and join us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram so you can continue to take advantage of our offerings, such as résumé reviews, practice interviews, graduate school support, application reviews, and more.
- Give back what you receive. When you’re in a position to hire an employee, be sure to contact Career Services. Let us help you find the right candidate. Whether you’re a supervisor, employer, or entrepreneur, you can always give back to Illinois State by hiring a Redbird.
Let Career Services assist you so you’re able to successfully pursue your career today, and beyond!