**PLEASE NOTE: This post is out of date. Please go to https://library.illinoisstate.edu/covid-19/ for the most up to date information on the library’s ongoing COVID-19 response. **
Milner Library’s physical building will reopen for Illinois State University students, faculty, staff, and retirees beginning Sunday, August 16. Virtual Reference Desk services will continue so that students attending classes away from campus can have access to research assistance from anywhere. Curbside pickup and campus delivery will also continue.
Modifications to help keep Redbirds healthy
A number of building and service modifications have been made in order to help keep all Redbirds safe and healthy. Temporary changes include the following:
- Slightly limited hours to allow time for additional cleaning overnight.
- Face coverings are required at all times within the library.
- Physical distancing is required. Furniture and other items such as computers have been rearranged in order to help maintain six feet distance. All group study rooms will be limited to one person.
- Public computers, Milner’s Computer Lab, printing, copying, and scanning are all available. Please be sure to wipe down surfaces before and after use, and clean your hands by washing them or using hand sanitizer when you are done.
- Certain non-book items and services, such as laptops for check out, the Make It Space, and Ready Record Studio, are temporarily unavailable.
- All returned items will be subject to a quarantine period before being lent out again.
- No food will be allowed in the library. Additional outdoor seating has been added to Milner Plaza and to areas outside the Bone Student Center. Milner Café will be closed for the fall semester.
- Special Collections and the JoAnn Rayfield University Archives will be open by appointment only.
Additional information is available on the library’s coronavirus (COVID-19) information page.
Fall research assistance
Librarians will be providing research assistance both in person at the physical Reference Desk on Floor 2 as well as virtually seven days a week. Fall Reference Desk hours are as follows:
- In person: Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–6 p.m.
- Monday–Thursday, 8 a.m.–10 p.m.
- Friday, 9 a.m.–6 p.m.
- Saturday, 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
- Sunday, noon–10 p.m.
Milner librarians are available:
- In person at the Reference Desk during in-person hours.
- By text at (309) 807-9442.
- Via email.
- By chat when the Chat with Us button is green on the library’s website.
- By contacting a Subject Librarian to schedule a research consult via Zoom and/or email.
Curbside Pickup and Campus Delivery Remain Available
Curbside pickup and campus delivery remain available when the library’s physical building is open. These options are available for any item that would normally be checked out from our Circulation Desk, with the exception of Course Reserve materials and three-hour media equipment.
To request items:
- Find the item(s) you wish to check out via our online catalog. Once in the catalog record, under the Get It section select sign in and sign in using ISU Central Login credentials. If not affiliated with the University, choose Courtesy Card Login. If you need help requesting items, please contact our Reference Desk for assistance.
- Once logged into the system, select Request. Then under Pick Up Location, select Milner Library for curbside pickup or Work Address under Personal Delivery to receive items via campus mail. Once all other information in the form is filled out, click on Send Request to submit.
- All curbside pickups must be scheduled in advance. Once your email is received and processed, Access Services will respond via email to schedule your pick up time and share additional instructions for contactless pickup.
- If you miss your scheduled time, please reply to your confirmation email to schedule a new pickup time.
For more information, visit the library’s COVID-19 response webpage.
Last updated: August 11, 2020.