It was a dark and stormy night at Milner Library when faculty and staff challenged campus to a two sentence horror story contest.
Exercise those creative muscles and challenge yourself to tell the scariest story you can, in 400 characters or less. Submit your best two sentence horror story by Friday, October 23 at 11:59 p.m. to be entered into a contest to win Milner swag.
Horror story submissions may be about any terrifying topic, but must be two sentences and 400 characters or less in length. Stories will be voted upon as a blind review (with identifying information removed) by library faculty and staff. Winners will receive Milner swag and stories will be shared on Milner Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram October 30 and 31. Submit stories online at https://illinoisstate.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8v8TkkYM07RxjWR.
- Participants must be a current ISU student, faculty, or staff member.
- Entries must be submitted by Friday, October 23 at 11:59 p.m.
- Participants may submit multiple stories, but are only eligible for one prize.
- Stories that do not adhere to the two sentence, 400 characters or less rule will be disqualified.
- Stories must be the participant’s original work.
Need some eerie inspiration? Check out these 20 terrifying two-sentence short horror stories that will make you hold your breath.
Please email Milner Library Director of Communication Erin Link at email@example.com with any contest questions. Happy haunting!