The annual CMS Benefit Choice Open Enrollment Period begins on May 1, 2021 and will run through June 1, 2021. Changes can be made online at MyBenefits.Illinois.gov.
Employees can visit the HR Benefit Choice page to review the Benefit Choice Booklet and other helpful information for making your Benefit Choice elections.
Human Resources would like to highlight a few of the changes you will find in the booklet:
- Premiums will be changing for all plans. See page 3 in the booklet for rates specific to your plan.
- Members now have the option to enroll in Dental Only coverage. However, if you enroll in heath coverage and choose dental coverage, your dependents must mirror your coverage.
- A new health plan has been added to your available options, Blue Cross Blue Shield Open Access Plan. We recommend reviewing participating providers before selecting a new health plan. You can search provider directories here.
- MCAP and DCAP participants will be allowed to roll unused funds into FY22 as long as you re-enroll in the program for FY22.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) participants must re-enroll for employee contributions for FY22.
Benefit Choice Member Fairs
CMS will be hosting online presentations throughout the month of May regarding Benefit Choice options. CMS representatives as well as benefit vendors will present during the webinars and answer questions.
- If you need assistance with enrollment, the MyBenefit Service Center is available at 844-251-1777 or 844-251-1778 (TDD/TTY), Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm.
- Changes to your benefits will take effect on July 1, 2021.
- Please upload any required documentation no later than June 10, 2021 to complete your Benefit Choice changes. Failure to provide required documentation may result in cancellation of Benefit Choice changes.
Human Resources is available to assist with any questions by calling (309) 438-8311 or emailing email@example.com.