The College of Education will host the New Teacher Conference (NTCon) on June 23, 2022 at Illinois State University. This professional development opportunity is specifically designed for new teachers who are in their first to fifth years of teaching. The event is open to alumni and friends and registration is required.
New Teacher Conference
Thursday, June 23, 2022
Registration is $20 and includes lunch and PD credits
Register by June 9, 2022
The College of Education is committed to supporting new teachers while in the early phase of their careers in education. The conference will focus on the joys and challenges of early career teaching.
The featured speaker will be Lindsey Jensen ‘20, the Early Career Development and Student Director for the Illinois Education Association. She is a former 2018 Illinois Teacher of the Year, high school English Teacher, and Academic Dean. Lindsey is fiercely and unapologetically passionate about education, and she advocated for educational equity through writing and speaking at various educational conferences throughout the country.
A sample of conference topics includes:
- Gaming in the Classroom: Let’s have some fun!
- Practicing our Humanity: Civil and Restorative Discourse in the Classroom
- Empowering Students through Culturally Responsive Teaching
- Cultivating Culturally Competent Parents
- Self-Care and Wellness for Educators
- Mindful Minutes with Mandy