International Studies to host panel on teaching and mentoring international students
The Office of International Studies and Programs (OISP) cordially invites all university students, faculty, and staff to attend a faculty panel on teaching and mentoring international students. This event will be hosted on Thursday, March 29, from noon–1 p.m. in the Old Main Room of the Bone Student Center. Four experienced Illinois State faculty members will share their experiences and expertise in engaging and motivating international students in the classroom and in other academic endeavors.
The panelists for this event will be:
- John Baldwin, professor, School of Communication
- Barbara Ribbens, associate professor, International Business Institute
- Klaus Schmidt, professor, Department of Technology
- Maochao Xu, associate professor, Department of Mathematics
- Yimin Wang, associate director, Office of International Studies and Programs will serve as the panel moderator.
This event is part of a series of three-panel discussions that will be hosted by the OISP on teaching and mentoring international students. The next panel, made up of international students, will take place on Tuesday, April 3, in the Circus Room of the Bone Student Center. The third panel, made up of members from peer institutions, will be held on Tuesday, April 10.
A free buffet lunch will be provided to those who RSVP to Yimin Wang by Monday, March 26, 2018. The lunch will begin at 11:40 a.m.
For additional information or special accommodations, please contact the Office of International Studies and Programs at (309) 438-5276.