The Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost has announced the winners for the Research Initiative Awards and Creative Activity Initiative Awards. All winners will be honored during the Office of Research and Graduate Studies Awards event that will be held in April.
Research Initiative Award
The Research Initiative Award recognizes new faculty members (within their first five years) who have initiated a promising research agenda early in their academic careers.
- Susana Calderon – Mennonite College of Nursing
- Ela Przbylo – Department of English
- Uttam Manna – Department of Physics
- Wondwosen Seyoum – Department of Geography, Geology, and the Environment
- Ryan Paitz – School of Biological Sciences
- Joseph Hilgard – Department of Psychology
- Courtney Hattan – School of Teaching and Learning
- Sercan Sengun – Creative Technologies Program
Creative Activity Initiative Award
The Creative Activity Initiative Award recognizes faculty who have initiated promising creative activities early in their careers. Creative contributions shall include, but not be limited to, the following: painting, sculpture, film, drama, musical composition, choreography of a dance, poetry, a novel, creative non-fiction, creative media programming.
- Nathania Rubin – Wonsook Kim School of Art