UMC design work received a Grand Gold award for Redbird Esports program’s new gaming jerseys and won another Gold for “Best Viewbook,” a publication created for the Office of Admissions. UMC garnered additional Gold awards for videos created for Homecoming 2019 and for University Advancement.
The Pride of CASE V Awards showcase best practices in alumni relations, fundraising, advancement services, special events, and outstanding communications. The only other CASE V universities to win more Gold awards this year were the University of Cincinnati, the University of Michigan, Ohio State University, and the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
“A few highlights of this year’s awards include winning the Gold for a second year in a row for the Admissions viewbook and taking Gold awards for two of the six video categories. We’re proud to have these pieces recognized as the best recruitment materials in the Midwest,” said UMC Executive Director Brian Beam. “We’re very pleased to see two entries from the esports branding win. The Vault-branded environmental design and the esports jersey were created in a close partnership with student leaders, so these results are especially rewarding.”
UMC’s award-winning design, editorial, photography, and videography work supported university initiatives sponsored by the Office of Admissions, Horticulture Center, Redbird Athletics, Redbird Esports, and University Advancement.
“CASE V awards celebrate the outstanding partnerships across campus that are necessary to produce these winning entries,” Beam said. “We are grateful for our clients throughout the University who bring the inspiration and ideas that combined for the 1,003 projects UMC produced last year.”
Following is the list of CASE awards won by UMC:
- Design, Specialty pieces (Grand Gold): Illinois State University Gaming Jerseys designed by Evan Walles for the Redbird Esports program.
- Publications, Student Recruitment-Individual Publication (Gold): Illinois State University Viewbook 2020 designed by Michael Mahle and Evan Walles and with photography by Lyndsie Schlink for the Office of Admissions.
- Video, Videos-Fundraising (Gold): Thank Crew video created by Hugh Sullivan and Andrew Savage for University Advancement.
- Video, Video on a Shoestring (Gold): Reggie’s Quest video created by Tyler Emken, Michael Mahle, Andrew Savage, Hugh Sullivan, and Sean Thornton for Homecoming 2019.
- Marketing, Advertising-Campaigns (Silver): Create Your Legacy Motto, Illinois State University designed by Evan Walles for the Office of Admissions.
- Marketing, Marketing on a Shoestring (Silver): Illinois State University Horticulture Center’s Sounds of the Center events marketing materials designed by Jeff Higgerson and Sean Thornton for the Illinois State University Horticulture Center.
- Design, Environmental Graphics (Bronze): “The Vault”—Illinois State University Esports Gaming Space designed by Evan Walles for the Redbird Esports program.
- Design, Poster Series (Bronze): Illinois State University Athletics poster series designed by Michael Mahle and Evan Walles and with photography by Lyndsie Schlink for Redbird Athletics.
- Publications, Student Recruitment-Publications Packages (Bronze): Illinois State University Junior Academic Recruitment Package designed by Evan Walles for the Office of Admissions.
Illinois State University is a member of the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) District V, along with public and private institutions across Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin. Award winners were featured at the CASE All Districts Conference February 16. UMC serves as a creative agency handling Illinois State’s communications to external audiences through marketing, publications, social media, photography, and videography.