2018 Million Dollar Club inductees announced from Research and Sponsored Programs
The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs announced that six new members have joined Illinois State University’s Million Dollar Club. The inductees are:
- Professor of Psychology Gary Cates
- Director of the School of Social Work Doris Houston
- Sponsored Projects Research Assistant Sharon Mills
- Associate Professor of Analytical Chemistry Chris Mulligan
- Associate Professor of Department of Educational Administration and Foundations Dianne Renn
- Assistant Professor of Nursing Blanca Miller
These individuals reached $1 million in total external funding during the 2018 fiscal year. They join a club of more than 140 employees who have obtained $1 million or more in external funding for research and other sponsored programs. See the full list at Research and Sponsored Programs.
During the past decade, Illinois State University has received nearly $217 million in external grant funding. First given in the early 1990s, the Million Dollar Club honor was reinstituted in 2009.
The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs offers a number of services to help faculty and staff members identify and secure external grant funding. That funding, which supports a wide array of research, teaching, and service initiatives, is the result of university-wide efforts by faculty and staff to secure external funding.